Thursday 27 November 2008

Playing with Fireworks.

Since my last OLJ (Online Learning Journal) entry the HND Interactive Media course have received results for A2. Unfortunately my assignment was referred along with sixteen others due to several minor mistakes. Upon hearing the news my mood dulled somewhat but at the same time felt selfishly relieved that I wasn’t on my own.

Feedback received and I was feeling much better having realised that referral points were few and fairly easy to amend, however now faced the daunting task of submitting for the second time (with no room for error!)

On a brighter note we’ve since been appointed our next task of the course in the form of A3 (investigation into the web design pre-production process) and A4 (gaining an understanding of typography), two assignments that I’m really beginning to enjoy, although the extra workload hasn’t gone unnoticed!

Along with the additional work of completing multiple assignments we now have the added elements of merit and distinction criteria, involving such things as keeping time sheets (which in actual fact is more challenging than it may sound) not in a technical sense more so just remembering to keep a track of what you’re doing and when!

The course definitely seems to have been kicked up a gear over these last few weeks with work flowing thick and fast, from typeface identity exercises to ideas generation with a little added extra thrown in for good measure!

The HND Interactive Media department (years 1 & 2) were requested to put together design ideas for the 2008 Wakefield College Christmas e-card which I thoroughly enjoyed taking part in. This provided a great opportunity to get to grips with the workings of Adobe Illustrator & Fireworks which I had no previous experience with. Fortunately my design has been short listed along with five others, so to say I’m pleased right now would be an understatement!

No comments: