Thursday 8 January 2009

Back to the grind stone.

I have to say I feel this could be the most difficult post yet, simply due to the fact that it’s been such a long time since the last! The Christmas break was a real double edge sword for me, I was glad of a rest as it gave me time to relax and wind down whilst leisurely getting things in order for A3 and A4, however the time out really did interrupt the flow of the assignments having a strong effect on my get up and go!

Prior to the holidays we were well under way with the mini assignments of A4 and have now completed an additional four to the previous Hokai and Vodafone projects, Type Trumps, Saints & Sinners, Grid and Story. I really have enjoyed taking part in these mini projects and feel I’ve learnt a lot from them in respect to issues such as time management and production/project planning, not to mention the design knowledge and experience gained.

All in all I would say that I’ve done reasonably well with all six projects with the exception of Saints & Sinners! Unfortunately I feel I may have made the mistake of choosing the wrong route for this design and feared turning back and starting over which resulted in a less than satisfactory piece.

We’ve now had our first week back at the grind stone and I must admit I’m starting to feel the pressure with both A3 and A4 deadlines fast approaching. The majority of the work is now complete and I feel that a good few days hard at it should see the end of them, I just hope that everything is in order, no mistakes have been made and that I might actually get my first clear pass of the course.

No comments: