Wednesday 8 October 2008

Mac or PC?

To say I was somewhat apprehensive about starting the HND Interactive Media course would be an understatement! After leaving school and developing out in the big wide world for over a decade, I couldn't help but wonder what college life would be like and more importantly how I would adapt to it as a mature student.

So, four weeks in and so far we've thrown eggs from windows, played catch and been set our first two assignments, one ongoing throughout the year and a 1500 word essay on computer fundamentals (which is fast approaching deadline).

I feel that I've adapted really well to the course demands and have developed my skills in several areas already. The amount of information I have taken in whilst working on our assignments is incredible, in fact I find it quite amusing that I now actually have an opinion on topical debates such as
Mac or PC!

Unfortunately my social life has taken a bit of a hit and don't really have much time for anything other than college related tasks these days. However I'm quite surprised that I don't really miss it that much and feel the course is fast becoming a way of life, a way of life that I'm really getting into.

We have a great group who all seem to get on really well which only adds to the pleasure of completing this course. I have made some good friends and feel there is a lot of support to be had.



No comments: